Mount Moriah Cemetery, incorporated on March 26, 1855, is a historic cemetery in southwest Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, along Cobbs Creek.
The cemetery, which originally occupied 54 acres, is adorned with an ornate Romanesque entrance and gatehouse, made out of brownstone on Kingsessing Avenue.
The cemetery held a notable place among Philadelphia’s grand rural cemeteries like Laurel Hill Cemetery and the Woodlands Cemetery. Over time, it grew to 380 acres, spanning Cobbs Creek which makes it the largest cemetery in Pennsylvania.
For several years the cemetery has suffered from neglect, as the management responsibilities have been in a state of flux since 2004 when Horatio Jones, the last known member of the Mount Moriah Cemetery Association, died. The cemetery later closed its gates in 2011 since it no longer had an owner.
Efforts to restore the cemetery have been undertaken by efforts lead by the Friends of Mt. Moriah Cemetery. In February 2015, the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission announced that the Cemetery was eligible to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places and Friends of Mt. Moriah Cemetery began a campaign to raise funds to stabilize the gatehouse.