On the second anniversary of the decriminalization of cannabis, a pop up weed garden was hosted in Philadelphia, not far from the Art Museum steps.
Around 200 activists and enthusiasts alike, celebrated 4:20 in style by sharing snacks, beverages and BYOW (Bring Your Own Weed), keeping it under 30 grams of course; to avoid a possible $100 citation.
Though medical marijuana was recently approved for use in Pennsylvania, treating nearly 20 conditions, recreational use is still illegal.
This event also served to raise awareness that responsible recreational use is not detrimental to society, is not a gateway drug and studies have shown it’s less harmful than alcohol.
- 6abc.com – PHILLY ‘POP-UP WEED GARDEN’ CELEBRATES POT DECRIMINALIZATION
- NBC10.com – Pop Up & Smoke Up: Philly ‘Pop-Up Weed Garden’ to Celebrate Weed Decriminalization
- CBS3.com – Philly Pop-Up Weed Garden Celebrates Decriminalization
- Fox29.com – Pop-up weed garden held in Philadelphia
- Metro.us – Photos: Philly potheads pass it around the Oval at pop up weed party
- PhillyVoice.com – Hundreds spark up at Art Museum – because they can
- HighTimes.com – POP UP WEED GARDENS: GROWING CONSUMER RIGHTS